News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Wed 8th Sep 2021 9:40am   Last edited on Sat 25th Sep 2021 1:04am

Ashley Ford

Love After Death

It's never easy being the one left behind because you're not only left with responsibilities but also feelings. The grief never goes away because no person is replaceable. I've seen that there are people who found new love after becoming a widow/widower, and that's great. However, I know that the transition can never be that simple. How can one manage?

Added on Fri 10th Sep 2021 7:19am   Last edited on Fri 10th Sep 2021 7:19am

Theresa M.

I know a couple that met through a support group. Both had lost a spouse to cancer.  They seem very happy together today.  Sometimes it seems like fate. 

Added on Wed 15th Sep 2021 2:50pm   Last edited on Wed 15th Sep 2021 2:50pm

Desmond Harris

Most of the folks I know have remained single after their spouse died.  I'd say they just find it too difficult to move on and find love again.  Everyone handles the loss of a spouse in their own way. 

Added on Wed 22nd Sep 2021 9:12pm   Last edited on Wed 22nd Sep 2021 9:12pm

Melody Flemons

It takes time, and everyone is different. We all have our own ways of moving on. I know these are cliches, but it's true. If you know the time is coming soon, memories will start rushing in and you just can't rush that process of going through it all and making it out to the other side. 

It's hard, but you will get past it in time.

Added on Sat 25th Sep 2021 1:04am   Last edited on Sat 25th Sep 2021 1:04am

Emma Stockholm

The death of someone you love will never be easy to process. There's also no single way of handling things. It's a case-to-case basis because there are people I know that didn't bother to date afterward. It will vary per individual, but the most important thing that may be helpful to everyone is taking things slow.