News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 30th Aug 2021 2:05pm   Last edited on Mon 20th Sep 2021 8:11pm

Nina Potter

Warm wishes to all

Hi, I'm Nina.  I joined this site back in January, and I've enjoyed reading the discussions here.  I figured I'd finally jump in too.  I live in Louisiana.  Unfortunately, Hurricane Ida is pummeling down on parts of the state.  We live further inland and away from the levees, but I felt I should get started on my messages sooner rather than later, because you never know what might happen.  

Added on Sat 4th Sep 2021 7:21pm   Last edited on Sat 4th Sep 2021 7:21pm

Desmond Harris

Hi, Nina.  I've been following it on the news and Ida has been devastating.  I just hope that as many people as possible can be saved.  Stay safe out there.

Added on Fri 10th Sep 2021 2:08am   Last edited on Fri 10th Sep 2021 2:08am

Ashley Ford

Nice to meet you, Nina. I'm glad to hear that you're safe. The hurricane was more worrisome, with the pandemic also happening. The floods were awful, and I saw how much damage they did to the state. The situation is difficult nowadays. I hope you stay strong over there.

Added on Mon 20th Sep 2021 8:11pm   Last edited on Mon 20th Sep 2021 8:11pm

Nina Potter

Thank you guys for welcoming me to the forum!  I'm still doing good.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to go volunteer for cleanup like I did after Hurricane Katrina.  The best I could do this time around was to donate some money and canned goods.  Of course, I'm praying for them too.  Ashley, I remember that it wasn't long ago that a bad hurricane hit your state.  I guess none of us are totally safe.  Mother Nature is fierce and you never know what might happen.