News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Sun 8th Aug 2021 2:14am   Last edited on Mon 9th Aug 2021 2:15pm

Vernon Orr

Should the executors match?

I'm about to finish up my last video message and a thought just hit me, that maybe my designated executors need to match those that I appointed over my estate.  I know that not everyone creates a will, but since I did, does that mean I need to have the same two executors handle both?  I sure hope not.  I'm in the nursing home, and it will be a hardship to have the lawyer come in to change my will.  However, I also don't want to start over by changing my executors here and redoing my video messages. 

Added on Sun 8th Aug 2021 7:23pm   Last edited on Sun 8th Aug 2021 7:23pm

Carlos Alvarez

No, they aren't connected in any way.  One thing that I noticed about this service here is that if the executors drop the ball for whatever reason, then the Lasting Memories team can step in and trigger your account to deliver your messages as you intended.  It's in their help section.  Someone would need to submit a death certificate and it will be investigated.  If it's determined that you have passed away, then your account will be triggered.  It's obviously better if your executors fulfill their role though. So no, you don't need to have the same people to act as the executors over your estate and over your account here. 

Added on Mon 9th Aug 2021 2:15pm   Last edited on Mon 9th Aug 2021 2:20pm

Vernon Orr

Okay, that's what I thought.  I just got worried about it because I'm almost finished and hated the thought of having to redo my messages.  Some of my messages were pretty emotionally draining, and I'm not up for recording them again. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, Carlos.