News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Sat 31st Jul 2021 10:57pm   Last edited on Mon 18th Oct 2021 2:37pm

Victoria Clausen

Power of Words

If you have kids, I assure you that teaching them to appreciate books will be the most helpful thing you can leave them. Even in adulthood, reading will help them navigate their way in the world. Words are a form of support and direction that can be used as guidance once you part ways. Reading books can be the best investment you can give to your family. It's not only knowledge, but it also has wisdom on how one can live their life.

Added on Wed 4th Aug 2021 9:24pm   Last edited on Wed 4th Aug 2021 9:31pm

Carlos Alvarez

I think our Catholic faith has usually been the most important legacy to hand down in my family, but hey, you can learn about faith through books and not everyone is religious. Do you have any books that you hope to pass down, Victoria? 

Added on Wed 11th Aug 2021 11:00am   Last edited on Wed 11th Aug 2021 11:00am

Victoria Clausen

I'm not sure if you've come across this book, Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. This piece of work is something that I would pass down or recommend to anyone. It has helped me a lot whenever I'd find life pointless, and I'm thankful that I encountered it by chance.

Added on Wed 11th Aug 2021 6:36pm   Last edited on Wed 11th Aug 2021 6:36pm

Myrna Kearney

I love that book too, Victoria!  I just finished it last month.  It was a great read.  Sadly, I find it hard to get my grandkids to read books.  They'll read the stuff that's online, but it's a challenge to steer them towards something with more depth.  I keep at it though.

Added on Wed 25th Aug 2021 1:59pm   Last edited on Wed 25th Aug 2021 1:59pm

Melody Flemons

I wholeheartedly agree. Can anyone imagine a life without words? Since the answer is no, people should take their worth more seriously and lean as much as they can through the written word. 

Great topic!

Added on Wed 25th Aug 2021 11:12pm   Last edited on Wed 25th Aug 2021 11:12pm

Ashley Ford

Reading books is the best hobby I've come to adopt growing up. I just eventually got into it, and it's a good thing that I did because it has helped me with my life more than I've expected. I thought reading was tedious until I got into the topics that left me wondering more and sometimes even emotional.

Added on Wed 15th Sep 2021 10:15am   Last edited on Wed 15th Sep 2021 10:15am

Andre Bates

I believe children whose parents encourage them to read are some of the luckiest people. It's a good start in understanding life and being more knowledgeable. That's why people who got gradually introduced to reading, even at a later age, start to do better.

Added on Mon 18th Oct 2021 2:37pm   Last edited on Mon 18th Oct 2021 2:37pm

Sarina Garrett

There is a reason the most successful people read a lot. The latter helps lead to the former. I don't know if there is just one tome I would recommend to my loved ones though. There is just so much good advice out there in print.