News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 12th Apr 2021 7:59am   Last edited on Tue 3rd Aug 2021 10:26am

Emma Stockholm

Savior Hobbies

There are things we look forward to that help us cope up with everyday stress. Various activities have helped lift my mood, and I think it was actually important to have done them because otherwise, I'd be far from productive too. Taking a walk has made me feel excited to wake up early in the morning while writing in my journal pushed me to spend my time wisely. What activities or hobbies have made your pandemic life manageable? 

Added on Tue 13th Apr 2021 1:25pm   Last edited on Tue 13th Apr 2021 1:25pm

Carrie Smith

I fit the little old lady stereotype. I enjoy sitting by the fire in my rocking chair with my knitting needles and my latest project at hand. There's something incredibly soothing about the rhythm of knitting. I can see why journaling is your thing, Emma. I read your entry the other day in the Life Journal section and it was a good one.

Added on Fri 2nd Jul 2021 9:25pm   Last edited on Fri 2nd Jul 2021 9:25pm

Vernon Orr

I lived and worked in Canada for a few years when I was younger and that's where I discovered my two favorite sports, hockey and curling. Although those aren't popular sports in Kentucky, I continued to play until it got too risky for me to be on the ice.  I still enjoy watching the games as a hobby. 

Added on Tue 6th Jul 2021 1:06am   Last edited on Tue 6th Jul 2021 1:06am

Victoria Clausen

I travel places through reading books, because of that, I've never felt lonely. That's one of the things that keep my sanity intact with this pandemic. Reading helps me minimized my overthinking since it encourages me to wonder about other things outside myself.

Added on Mon 12th Jul 2021 11:41am   Last edited on Mon 12th Jul 2021 11:41am

Jason Zimmerman

Prior to the pandemic, you could find me on the putting green when I wanted to relieve stress.  Now I just putter around in the backyard. 

I wish my imagination worked like that, Victoria.  I know so many people who can transport themselves to another world through reading and I envy them. I've just never been able to get into it.  I read for knowledge.  That's about it. 

Added on Tue 3rd Aug 2021 10:26am   Last edited on Tue 3rd Aug 2021 10:26am

Crystal Greenwood

I'm one of those people who suddenly became interested in plants! It makes me feel relaxed, and I like having something to look forward to, that is, tending to the plant. Having something to care about has helped with my motivation during this pandemic.