News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 5th Apr 2021 2:20am   Last edited on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:26am

Matthew Dickson

Career and Practicality

I'm at that point in my life where I have to make decisions about a career path. It's a classic having a family that pushes you to study their choice of degree that they know would earn more. I was brave enough to decide and pursue the course I wanted but it's been tough looking for a job related to it. I dont want to hear them say I told you so and stuff like that. So right now, I'm just isolating myself to think more. I know I'll have to face these hardships anyway but I felt the need to vent things out. Even if I liked my choice, it doesn't mean that I won't suffer in the process. I just don't need another negativity saying how wrong I am.

Added on Mon 5th Apr 2021 9:34pm   Last edited on Mon 5th Apr 2021 9:34pm

Piper Rose Blackburn

Some people mean well when they offer unsolicited advice and others are just negative people who are looking to bring you down.  Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which.  I wish you tons of luck on your job search.  I hope you land somewhere amazing!

Added on Tue 6th Apr 2021 10:12pm   Last edited on Tue 6th Apr 2021 10:12pm

Adam Wells

It's a tough spot to be in, so I sympathize.  Have you seen this journal entry https://hospiceslv.immortum.com/journal/464/?  It's an interesting take on choosing a career that is enjoyable versus one that is well-paying.  

Added on Mon 10th May 2021 9:50am   Last edited on Mon 10th May 2021 9:50am

Andre Bates

I've always been aware of the pressure to secure my future too. However, after going through different jobs and earning money, I realized that it's not the kind of life I want to lead. Eventually, I changed my stable path to a more adventurous one and man, I've never felt so alive! You just really have to stand your ground and be ready to face the consequences of your decisions.
Added on Mon 10th May 2021 8:36pm   Last edited on Mon 10th May 2021 8:36pm

Melody Flemons

Being alone is always preferable to being around what you perceive to be negative. They may not intend for it to, but how you perceive their words is not up to them to decide. Do what you need to do for yourself, don't hurt anyone in the process, and don't feel guilty. 

Added on Sat 15th May 2021 6:36pm   Last edited on Sat 15th May 2021 6:36pm

Jenell Libere

You have to live for yourself. Others who want you to choose a path that they believe you should take are only living through you. Their intentions may be good, but........you have to live for yourself.

Added on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:26am   Last edited on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:26am

Jayden Gosman

Maybe try to earn enough at first, mainly to support your dream if you don't have anyone to help you. Making money is still only one aspect of life; in the end, this will eat you if you're not happy with what you're doing.