News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Thu 18th Feb 2021 8:21pm   Last edited on Sun 28th Feb 2021 11:09pm

Edith Harrison

Nice to meet you all!

Hi! My name is Edith. I'm caring for my husband who has late stage dementia. I've found that my life is getting completely dissolved into taking care of my husband, and I found this place as an outlet. 

Before my life started revolving around my husband, I loved to cook and bake. I also enjoyed going on long walks in the woods and kayaking. 

Added on Tue 23rd Feb 2021 10:20pm   Last edited on Tue 23rd Feb 2021 10:20pm

Randy Kirk

Hi Edith! Welcome to the forum. I'm a new member myself, and I've found a welcoming community here. 

I miss cooking and baking a fair bit. I can't do nearly as much as I used to do, due to my diagnosis. Sourdough was my speciality. When you find the time, what do you like to create in the kitchen? 

Added on Sat 27th Feb 2021 9:26pm   Last edited on Sat 27th Feb 2021 9:26pm

Marvin Morgan

Hey, Edith!  I have dementia like your husband, except I'm in the early stages.  Even then I still don't recommend it. wink  Just a little dark humor because laughter helps, I think. It's good to have you join us!  

Added on Sun 28th Feb 2021 11:09pm   Last edited on Sun 28th Feb 2021 11:09pm

Edith Harrison

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Marvin, I appreciate the dark humor. So, no worries there. As you said, laughter is sometimes the best way to cope with a situation. It definitely helps release the tension. Randy, I loved to bake more than anything. I loved making breads, and sometimes I would put cooked squash in the dough for some color!