News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 15th Feb 2021 3:34pm   Last edited on Tue 2nd Mar 2021 11:58pm

Barbara Perry

The birds and the bees

Y'all, I had one of my children late in life and she had her children late in life too.  She would like me to record a message for my two grandkids explaining about the birds and the bees.  Is it just me or is that a job for the parents?  I didn't push that responsibility off on my mother.  I had a frank conversation about it with my kids. I hate to disappoint my daughter, but I'm in camp, "you gotta be kidding me."

Added on Mon 15th Feb 2021 4:49pm   Last edited on Mon 15th Feb 2021 4:49pm

Reed Mathers

Honestly, I don't blame parents who try to get out of it because it's so uncomfortable to discuss for some of us.  I wouldn't do anything I didn't want to do though.  It's not your responsibility at all.

Added on Sun 28th Feb 2021 2:23pm   Last edited on Sun 28th Feb 2021 2:23pm

Paul Jacobs

What?  I don't want to come across as mean, but they're being ridiculous.  That's just lame.  Hearing about **** and hormones from you, will be no less awkward than it would if they heard from their mom and dad.  And their parents better get over it so they can keep their children safe.  Otherwise, there are plenty of people (hello internet!) who will happily steer them wrong. 

Added on Tue 2nd Mar 2021 11:58pm   Last edited on Tue 2nd Mar 2021 11:58pm

Jessa Patrick

If I were a kid listening to that future message, I would find it pretty odd and uncomfortable learning about intimacy from a realitive who has passed. It's not your job to explain intimacy to your grandkids. Having those conversations is part of being a parent, not a grandparent!