News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Thu 7th Jan 2021 5:23pm   Last edited on Sat 10th Jul 2021 8:02pm

Wes Brooks

Guidance for getting started?

I'm having a hard time here.  I don't know what I'm doing.  I don't know who should get a message from me, other than my wife, since we are child-free and I'm estranged from my parents.  I love my wife, but I don't know what to say to her in a message.  I know I don't want to turn into a blubbering mess because that will help no one.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Added on Sat 9th Jan 2021 6:05pm   Last edited on Sat 9th Jan 2021 6:05pm

Darnell Washington

I noticed you're new - welcome to the group!  You know, the service here allows for both video messages and written messages.  They work just the same.  Some people find it easier to write things out.  Do you think that might help you?  That way you can cry if you need to without worrying about it affecting the receiver.  You can upload photos too.  

Added on Tue 2nd Feb 2021 12:13am   Last edited on Tue 2nd Feb 2021 12:13am

Wes Brooks

Thanks for replying, Darnell.  I think I'll try your suggestion and see how it goes.  I'm thankful there's an option to type the messages out instead of having to record all of them.  I turn into a blubbering fool when I try to speak about my illness or say goodbye to my wife. 

Added on Sat 10th Jul 2021 8:02pm   Last edited on Sat 10th Jul 2021 8:02pm

Myrna Kearney

I started off with the idea that I'd roughly plan out what I was going to say.  That didn't really work for me in the end.  Once I hit record and got going, I found myself talking to the person like usual.  There's probably more meandering than I'd like, but that's how I am in real life anyway.  So try talking to the person like normal.  Maybe that will work?