News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 27th Apr 2020 7:12am   Last edited on Fri 1st May 2020 10:35pm

Katie Phillips

Finding Hope in this Uncertain Time

I've been worried about what might happen to me if I get COVID-19. The fact that I have cystic fibrosis puts me at higher risk of severe illness if I become infected with the virus. 

I was browsing some news and saw an amazing story of how a little six-year-old boy named Joseph from Tennessee survived COVID-19 even though he has cystic fibrosis! His story gives me a little hope in this very uncertain situation. Have you run across anything that gives you hope or inspires you during these difficult times? 

Added on Wed 29th Apr 2020 7:24pm   Last edited on Wed 29th Apr 2020 7:24pm

Derek T.

I've seen and experienced many acts of kindness since the outbreak hit.  We might be social distancing, but I think our community ties have been strengthened.  

Added on Thu 30th Apr 2020 8:01am   Last edited on Thu 30th Apr 2020 8:01am

Caroline Bell

This is quite inspiring! Thnk you for sharing it with us, Katie. I guess it just goes to show you that sometimes the unexpected happens. I bet a lot of people did not think he would survive, and he defied the odds. How wonderful!

Added on Fri 1st May 2020 10:35pm   Last edited on Fri 1st May 2020 10:35pm

Randy Gillis

Good for him!  That's so awesome.  I bet his parents are hugging him extra tight right now and are so relieved.  Thanks for sharing that story, Katie.  You've made my day (night) a little brighter.  I wish the news would share more positive stories.  I think we all could use it.