News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Tue 26th Dec 2017 11:17am   Last edited on Tue 9th Jan 2018 10:28am

Lillian Wilson

Reminding my siblings of their capabilities

I have a younger brother and sister who mean the world to me. I'm quite a bit older than them and they often look up to me for guidance.  Sometimes they get bogged down by worrying that they aren't good enough, not smart enough, not talented enough to accomplish whatever it is they are attempting at the time.  So, I thought it might be a good idea to record a message for each of them just reminding them of all the times they showed themselves to be more than capable.  What do you think?

Added on Wed 27th Dec 2017 4:50pm   Last edited on Wed 27th Dec 2017 4:50pm

Ruth Barlow

It sounds like a great idea to me and a sweet thing to do.  You could also bring up specific times when they messed up, but were able to overcome that misstep or even times when they weren't able to overcome some obstacle but it wasn't the end of the world.  

Added on Tue 9th Jan 2018 10:28am   Last edited on Tue 9th Jan 2018 10:28am

Endy Burke

Remind them of the day when they do something successfully. Tell them to always remember that moment and don't lose sight of themselves. I do that to my kids sometimes. No one is perfect, but it doesn't stop anyone from doing something well. You are doing a very great thing and I hope everything goes as you planned.