News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Wed 23rd May 2018 10:37am   Last edited on Fri 25th May 2018 9:32am

Leslie Graham

Hi all, Im new.

I am Leslie, a veteran of the Vietnam War. I hate to remember those days, so I'll appreciate it if we don't talk much about it here. I especially hate it more since I got diagnosed with a prostate cancer. We had considered surgery but it was too risky for my age and condition. So now I live with the medicines, hoping that it will extend my time enough to enjoy whatever's left and do what I can.

Added on Thu 24th May 2018 10:29am   Last edited on Thu 24th May 2018 10:29am

Eric Rogers

Hello, Leslie!  I'm glad you decided to drop-in.  I'm a fellow "I must go to the restroom 72 times a day" prostate cancer patient.  I'm not ashamed to admit I wear Depends at night...and during the day at work.  I'm glad you were upfront about not liking to talk about certain things.  This forum has been a godsend and I hope you'll feel comfortable here too. 

Added on Fri 25th May 2018 9:32am   Last edited on Fri 25th May 2018 9:34am

Leslie Graham

Thank you, Eric. Im sorry to hear about your situation. How are you feeling these days?

I dont go to the toilet that often anymore lately. The doctor says it is probably due to the size of the prostate gland. It is painful at times to urinate and difficult to maintain. Isnt it frustrating that we cant do this one thing right?

There are many interesting discussions here, thats for sure. I will take my time to read around and learn a thing or two.