News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 21st May 2018 8:09am   Last edited on Tue 29th May 2018 3:12am

Jan Berkshire

Thought Id say hello. . .

I've been reading this forum for a while now and thought I'd best say hello.  I'm Jan Berkshire and I found you all after I decided to stop chemo and other treatments that are just going to prolong my life but not cure anything.  That stuff makes me feel miserable and I want to enjoy the time I have left on this earth.  GOD has been good to me over the years.  I'm a widow, but I have a lovely family including three wonderful grandkids that keep me on my toes.  I like to play board games in my spare time and I still live independently though it drives my kids nuts.  I figure I'm getting even with them for those rocky teenage years.  I served in the Army during the Korean War as a nurse.  If you've ever seen MASH...well, it wasn't like that of course.  My time in the service was a great experience and looking back, it's one of the best decisions I ever made.  My brothers got drafted and I volunteered.  We all came back to mom and dad in one piece.  

Added on Thu 24th May 2018 7:22pm   Last edited on Thu 24th May 2018 7:22pm

Rosa Gonzales

Welcome to the forum, Jan. I'm glad you found it and I hope you get something worthwhile from it. You seem to have led an admirable life and I'd just like to thank you for serving our country. Giving up chemo can be a very hard decision and I understand how difficult it can be. There is something freeing about it, though. You seem to be an independent person so I think you understand what I mean. Well anyway, if you ever need support, we will all be here.

Added on Tue 29th May 2018 3:12am   Last edited on Tue 29th May 2018 3:12am

Jan Berkshire

Thank you for welcoming me into the fold, Rosa.  I'm already settling in here and enjoying my stay.  I've just started to create messages for my grandkids and kids to listen to when I'm gone.  I'll be sticking around here because I have a lot to learn.