News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Fri 15th Dec 2017 4:44pm   Last edited on Tue 19th Dec 2017 10:43am

Ruth Barlow

Ruth from Utah, glad to find you all

I'm Ruth, a stay at home mom of five children and wife to a wonderful husband.  I have scleroderma.  I've found that most people don't know about this disease, but it basically makes you look like a mannequin, at least in my experience.   There's really not much a person can do for it except treat the symptoms.  I was referred to this service after talking to an elder about how worried I am to leave my family behind.  He searched for a solution beyond just prayer and came across HeartPrints & American Pride.  I'm a devout believer in Heavenly Father, but sometimes a momma just can't stop fretting, so I'm thankful to have found you all.  

Added on Sat 16th Dec 2017 12:57pm   Last edited on Sat 16th Dec 2017 12:57pm

Mike Evans

Ruth, I heard of scleroderma when I was in medical school but haven't known anyone who has had it. I'm sure that can get very tiring to explain to people. I'm sorry you are going through this but it sounds like you have a good support system. It's nice that you have your faith to turn to in these times; it makes me wish that I had something like that to turn to. 

Added on Tue 19th Dec 2017 10:43am   Last edited on Tue 19th Dec 2017 10:43am

Sofia Rodriguez

Hello Ruth, I'm Sofia and I'm so glad you're here.  Good on you for seeking help and your church elder is wonderful for sending you here rather than offering a platitude.  I'm a believer in Christ too, but I also think that GOD helps those who help themselves.  I like to call it active prayer.